Thursday, April 30, 2009

Meeting with the Alderman of the 28th ward

Today I am meeting with an alderman, Ed Smith of the 28th ward, although it is not my first such meeting with a city official, I am nonetheless flustered as to the prospect of being brushed off. Being a small business owner in the city of Chicago, it is imperative to have a good relationship with your alderman. Especially since we are a union shop looking for union jobs with a VERY pro union president from Chicago. I am going to stress that we are a good part of the community that provides jobs to those with little education but a strong work ethic. I want to address the gang graffitti issues, parking issues, pothole issues and taxing by the city at a later meeting, this one is just to initiate contact and let him know we exist and are in his neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment